About FIBRE CABLE CERTIFIERS - FIBERTEK III
- Attenuation/insertion loss (dB) measurement
- Multimode and single-mode options
- Encircled Flux compliant (optional)
- Built-in visible light source for troubleshooting
- Full Tier 1 fibre certification
- Complies with TIA/ISO/IEC
FiberTEK III adapters are used with LanTEK III for fast and simple certification of high bandwidth single-mode and multimode fibre optic cabling including support for encircled flux testing (optional).
To pinpoint fibre cabling faults every FiberTEK III adapter includes a built-in visible light source to help you visually pinpoint faults and locate fibre ports.
FiberTEK III provides optical loss (dB) measurements meeting Tier 1 certification requirements.
Available in multi-mode (850/1300nm) and single mode (1310/1550nm) varieties.
Select field calibration (1-Jumper|3-Jumper) and measurement modes (Loopback|Normal), (Uni-Directional|Bi-Directional)
Perform auto-tests using the intuitive graphical interface to reduce mistakes and ensure accurate certification results.
Tier 1 certification results display:
- ISO/TIA/IEEE test standard
- Pass/Fail result
- dB loss of each fibre at each wavelength
- dB loss in each direction (when testing bi-directionally)
- Fibre link length
- dB margin / headroom
The main applications for FiberTEK III is the testing of fibre optic MM and SM cabling in LAN and campus applications. Its key feature is to measure attenuation and length of a fibre optic link. (also known as “Tier 1 Certification”). The test can be carried out during installation as well as during fault finding:
- Certifying cable performance to ISO 11801 and TIA 568-C standards
- Meet cabling specifications as required by engineers, designers and clients
- Provide proof of good workmanship when the client does not require certification tests
- Avoid call-backs by identifying faults while onsite
- Convert warranty call-backs into chargeable service calls
- Dispute resolution between network equipment/configuration versus cable installation
- building backbone cabling (“secondary cabling”)
- inter building cabling and campus cabling (primary cabling)
- FTTD (Fibre To The Desk) cabling (“tertiary cabling”)
- Cabling for building automation
- Cabling for industrial automation
- SAT cabling